Scholarship Award Recipients
The purpose of the Scholarship Committee
This organization is organized exclusively for charitable purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service.
The God’s House Church Scholarship Committee is a ministry dedicated to promote and encourage GHC graduating youth and adult members who wish to further their educational studies. To fulfill its mission, the GHC scholarship Committee is committed to:
1. Providing financial support to GHC member who desire to attend trade school, technical, training, community college, and those seeking undergraduate and in excepted cases, post-graduate degrees.
2. To raise an awareness among GHC youth, collegiate, and post-graduate members about educational opportunities and financial aid.
The purpose of this scholarship program shall be to grant scholarships annually, in amounts to be determined by the scholarship committee, to graduates (High School and GED) who intend to further their education at an accredited college or vocational school. This purpose also extends to the promotion of fund raising efforts, and overseeing the administration of all scholarship funds raised. The committee is committed to enabling personal growth, proving mutual support, and supplying continuing education to God’s House Church members through mentorship, assistance in obtaining financial aid, and information on available educational alternatives. The Scholarship Committee will in the performance of its duties in accordance with established by-laws.
* Determine who qualifies for financial assistance from funds in the custody of the church, known ( or to be known) as Scholarship Funds.
* Determine the amount and condition of the scholarship, when it is to be paid, and to whom.
* Place requisitions to the church treasurer for applicable funds. Each request shall include all pertinent information needs by the church treasurer.
Any qualifying member of GHC Congregation is qualified to be a member of the Committee when such vacancies become available and announced to be filled.
Call 505.332.2457 | Elder Abayomi Fadipe, Leader of Scholarship Committee|